Today I had to take a second to step back and say whoa, time to give this body a break. I've spent the whole week doing fun things like shopping, hanging out with friends, shopping some more, going out to eat, etc. But the worst part is I've been out late pushing my body way past it's exhaustion level plus I've been either too busy or too tired to exercise, so that doesn't help. (I'm not one for making excuses not to exercise either, so I'm very disappointed in myself for not being on top of that) But at the very leaast, I found time to do my treatments before I went out though this required waking up early and sacrificing sleep. Well today I slept in late, then went to work at noon after a small bowl of cereal. BIG MISTAKE. I skipped my treatments (slap) AND I was starving so I just wasn't feeling up to par.
One of the most important parts of staying healthy with CF is keeping your body in check. That means balancing your time to make sure you are on top of your daily medicine regimine while also getting enough rest, nutrients, exercise, water, etc. Usually I'm very good about managing my time to make sure I don't have to sacrifice one for the other (i.e. sacrificing eating for sleep). But I let my exhaustion build up, and my time management just went down the tubes this morning.
So when I got home from work, I took a big nap, and had a big dinner. My friends wanted me to go out at nine tonight and I turned them down. I know my body and I know when I just need to put on the brakes (I guess you could say I ran out of spoons)*. Sometimes you have to put your life on hold and say, alright, maybe tonight I should rest. I don't mind, if it means that tomorrow I'll feel better then I'm willing to make that sacrifice. And trust me, my body is thanking me! So here's to my slap in the face today!
Pics of the Day
*See the spoon theory HERE (its my favorite)
Labels: attitude, exhaustion, lessons, spoons